Become an SI Leader
SI Applications for Spring 2024 Are Now Closed!
Fall 2024 recruitment will begin mid-spring semester.
About SI Leaders:
SI Leader Qualifications
- Enrolled in at least six credit hours at Kennesaw State University
- Earned an A in the course(s) the SI Leader supports
- Maintain an institutional GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
SI Leader Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in both days of mandatory New SI Leader training.
- Attend all class meetings for the assigned SI course and read assigned materials.
- Plan and facilitate two to three SI study sessions per week throughout the semester.
- Promote SI sessions during class.
- Track attendance at all SI sessions.
- Meet with course professor on a regular basis.
- Meet with SI mentors and coordinators, as scheduled.
- Ensure that surveys, assessments, and reports are distributed, collected, and/or completed.
- Role model effective behavior of successful students.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Commit to working approximately 10 hours per week throughout the semester.
Typical SI Work Week
- Attend lecture = 3 hours
- Facilitate SI sessions = 3 hours
- Plan and prepare for SI sessions = 2 hours
- Participate in SI meetings and trainings (one-on-one meetings, mentor meetings, etc.) = 2 hours
CompensationSI leaders earn $11.25 per hour