Course Override Information
Do you need to request an override into a course, but are not sure where to go? Below you will find our most up-to-date listing of override processes by academic college.
- Override approvals are not guaranteed.
- Most departments will not grant overrides for closed courses.
- Each department may have different procedures or criteria for granting overrides.
- Once an override has been processed, it is your responsibility to register for the course.
- If you must send an email to request an override, always be sure to include your name, student ID#, your major, the specific course you are requesting the override for, and a brief justification for the request in your message.
Bagwell College of Education
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Architecture and Construction Management
College of Computing and Software Engineering
College of Science and Mathematics
College of The Arts
Course override is the process of receiving prior approval from the department to register for a specific course. Please note: you will need to register for the course through your Owl Express once the override is approved.
Course overrides are used in situations such as:
- A registration error was received and you met the course prerequisite or received prior approval.
- Transfer students please note: you may need to submit an override request form each semester if your transfer course is counting as a prerequisite.
- A closed course requires prior department approval.
Course substitution is the process of using one or more courses to satisfy specific course requirements within a degree program. This process requires approval and can take up to two weeks to appear on DegreeWorks.
Course substitutions are used in situations such as:
- Transfer credit that satisfies a degree requirement but needs to be moved on your DegreeWorks
- A course (with prior approval) was taken to satisfy a degree requirement
- Internship credit that has been approved to satisfy a specific course requirement
Michael J. Coles College of Business
Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Anthropology, Geography, and Geographic Information Sciences
- Overrides: Email Mrs. Rhonda Nemeth at email@example.com from your KSU student email.
- For repeat overrides, please include your KSU ID number, the course you’re trying to repeat (ENGL 1102), the semester you would like to take it, as well as a brief explanation of why you didn’t pass in previous attempts and why this attempt will be different (about 3-5 sentences).
- Foreign Languages
- History and Philosophy
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Organizational and Professional Communication, Media and Entertainment, Journalism and Emerging Media, and Public Relations
- Political Science and International Affairs
- Sociology and Criminal Justice:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Communication and Interactive Design
Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
Wellstar College of Health and Human Services
- Exercise Science
- Health and Physical Education
- Integrated Health Science
- Human Services
- Contact the WellStar Advising team for further guidance: email@example.com
- Public Health Education
- Sport Management