Engineering and Mathematics Focus Area
How many classes should I take?
- To be considered a FULL-TIME student you need to be registered for 12 or more credit hours.
- We recommend 12-15 credit hours in your 1st semester.
- 15 credit hours a semester typically keeps you on track to graduate in 4 years.
How do I declare my major?
- Go to owlexpress.kennesaw.edu and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click on the Student Records tab in the top menu.
- Click Declare or Change Major/Minor.
- Select Change Primary Major.
- Follow the prompts and choose the major you are interested in.
- Allow up to 2 weeks to process. Major changes are not automatic.
If you have any questions, contact your Owl Advisor.
What could I do for a career if I declare one of these majors?
Use Owl Advising's VIPS assessments to start exploring potential careers! Click Here to continue.
Math and Science Considerations
Majors in the Engineering and Mathematics Focus Area require a high level of math and science competency throughout the entire degree track.
Students who did not place into MATH 1190 based on their high school GPA and SAT or ACT math scores at the time of their admission to KSU should consider registering for the ALEKS assessment to attempt to place higher.
Click here to learn more about ALEKS.
If you have further questions, please contact your Owl Advisor.